These are the top reasons why we believe you're going to like this beautiful Italian dessert:
- one of the most refreshing, light, and fruity summer desserts
- perfect for hot summer days
- made with four simple ingredients
- a simple make-ahead recipe
- delicious and healthy refreshment for kids and adults
What is granita
Granita is a beautiful dessert originating from Sicily, Italy. It's made with water, sugar, and different fruits or flavorings. We already have a rhubarb granita recipe on the blog. Today we are super excited to share this simple Peach Granita. Compared to sorbet or ice cream, granita doesn't have such a creamy texture. Still, it has gorgeous tiny crystals that are super refreshing and melt in your mouth. Perfect for hot summer days.
How to make Peach Granita at home
Making Peach Granita at home is simple but not quick. The prep takes about 10 minutes, but it will take about 3 hours for the granita to freeze. You can find the whole recipe below; here’s a quick overview for easier preparation.
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients.
- Transfer to a baking dish and freeze.
- Using a fork, break the large pieces into smaller crystals.
Store this delicious Peach Granita in your freezer for up to two months.
Try these delicious peach recipes
Thanks to Spar Slovenija for all the great ingredients and for sponsoring this post.